Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Long Night


I stood outside the hotel and watched the exit of the bar. I was waiting for her. I lit another cigarette. The rain had stopped. The reflection of the street lamps danced and
jumped in the wet street. The air was
heavy with the smell of exhaust. I
stepped back into the shadows of the doorway.
I didn’t want her to spot me and get spooked. It was cold outside and the kind of night that
made a man wish for a shot of bourbon and that he was somewhere else. But, I didn’t want to take the chance of
missing her. I needed this case. I was broke.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog, KM. Love it. Especially the LA centric/history posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy putting it together!

      Delete

Keep it Safe for Your Pets This Holiday Season - Foods to Keep Out of Reach

Now that the holiday season is now upon us and you are a busy bee preparing a sumptuous feast for your family and friends, take extra precau...